|CUNY Office of Library Services|
CUNY to Co-Sponsor Conference on PlagiarismOctober 01, 2005
News: CUNY and New York University are co-sponsoring a Conference on Plagiarism to be held at NYU Medical School on October 1st. The target audience is faculty/administrators (the focus is not student plagiarism). Please bring this to the attention of people on your campuses who might be interested.
Conference on Plagiarism Across the Science Disciplines:The conference is an opportunity to:
An Exploration of the Parameters of Plagiarism in Scholarly and Scientific Publications
(1) develop a consensus as to what constitutes plagiarism - defining it and understanding the cultural forces that influence it, and
(2) explore standards and best practices in responding to plagiarism, from the perspectives of:
- government agencies charged with enforcing research misconduct standards;
- scientific journals, when plagiarism is brought to the attention of the editor;
- research institutions, with broader interests as employer, educator, and protector of academic freedom; and
- scientists who are attempting to avoid plagiarism or who are accused of an act of plagiarism.
For more information:
Below is the plagiarism conference web address.
Note: To get to the schedule, you have to click on conference schedule in the purple box, then scroll down to the October 1 entry: https://tools.med.nyu.edu/CMECourses/index.cfm?fuseaction=courses.DisplayWelcomePage&CFID=154&CFTOKEN=4979161